Saturday, January 12, 2013

Such A Lovely Place the Water

Two summers ago I had the first opportunity to go out on my boyfriend's boat. He has been boating in the waters of Long Island Sound and beyond since he was a child.  I am a newbie.  He has not only sailed to Bermuda but he won the Bermuda Newport Race in 2004 on the boat, Alliance.  I decided I better get my boating license so I can understand what's going on out there.  

As a child my father would take us on sailboats during our spring vacations. I have always loved being on the water. I love the sounds, the smells and the sights. My boyfriend is very happy about this and was eager to have me sleep on the boat. He loves sleeping on the boat and if I didn't mind it then we could go lots of places together on the boat in the future.

The first summer together we didn't have a chance to sleep on the boat but did get a chance finally to do it last summer. It was great. Honestly I was a little nervous at first but I adapted no problem and really enjoyed myself.  My first few times out I am so excited to be on the boat. I used my iPhone camera and then brought along my Canon 40D.  I have so many plans for pictures I'd like to capture.  I can't wait to take pictures of a the clear starry nights or moonlit nights and from what I hear the sunrises are amazing.  Unfortunately, I slept through my first sunrise on the boat last summer but I did catch the sunset - a few times.

Sweeter For This

Heaven Let Your Light Shine Down - Norwalk Harbor, Connecticut

Set a Course - taken with my iPhone 4S
Baked By the Sun

These are such perfect days

Sailboats in the Blue

Golden Sunset Sail

North Cove Marina in Old Saybrook, Connecticut
Sail into the Sun

Sailboats in the Sound

I look forward to exploring photography more on the water.  I have my GoPro ready for next summer and I will catch the sunrise on the water as well as a few other things, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment